One of our chickens is nameless and that lack is starting to impact her self esteem. She mopes around in an existential funk questioning her place in the world. So, it’s time for her join her named sisters: Mrs. Henny Penny/Penelope Houston, Houdini, Karen and Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy for short).
Here’s some details on the Chicken Who Shall Be Named:
– She’s an Easter Egger and will lay either blue or green eggs.
- She’s rather friendly and will let you pet her and pick her up.
- She was the runt of the litter but now has grown to be of equal size to our other chickens.
And here are some glamour shots, the white chicken is the one that needs a name:
And here are some details on the contest:
- All entries must be received by May 31st, 2012.
- All contest entries should be submitted in the comments to this blog post. You’ll need to provide your name and email address to comment below and suggest a name, which will also give me your email so I can contact you if your the winner. Your email will not be used for nefarious purposes.
- If two of the same entries are submitted, the one submitted first shall be considered.
- The winner will be selected by an esteemed to-be-determined panel of judges.
UPDATE: The winner will be selected by the most esteemed panel of judges I could think of – all of you. That’s right – this chicken will have a crowdsourced name.
- The winner, if in town, will receive a dozen fresh eggs (once the hens start laying). If you’re out of town, you receive something equivalent. You’ll also be immortalized in our chicken history.
- The winner will be announced here in mid-June.